Overall a great trip! We're glad we got to spend four days away together. Usually Nolan heads off one place for business and I go to Boise to with my family. You may wonder, if a big city like Seattle has changed me? Naw...I like to think I changed Seattle a little for the better:-)
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Coffee City of the World Part 2
So Friday night after Nolan got home from his classes we took the bus down to the waterfront. It was fun to walk around and eat a little seafood.
I think the highlight for Thomas was the carousel.
The weather was so good the whole time we were there. All the "locals" we talked to told us how lucky we were.
Here is Thomas' crazy face picture. He wasn't really cooperating.
He also loved taking the bus. Everyone was laughing at his pure excitement while we were heading downtown. If only we could all be excited about such things.
We got home kind of late due to our bus having an accident with a car in the middle of an intersection! It was very minor, but whew it was excitement. The next day we took it easy as our last morning in the hotel and then took a streetcar (another Thomas favorite) down to Pikes Place Market.
We loved watching the guys throw fish, but couldn't capture the action on camera. We got some yummy ice cream and headed back to our hotel.
After we checked out of our hotel we went to my cousin Jessica and her families house. It was so fun to see her new little baby girl Eliza, and their house. She and I were always very close growing up, and it was fun to have our kids who are very close in age play together. We went to a few of their favorite parks, ate some yummy food, and played games.
Here we demonstrate some of our white trash tendencies. Come on we all have em'. I didn't want to document it but Nolan thought I should. Thomas got so dirty playing in the sand and pouring water on himself that I had to fully strip him down in the parking lot and he just wore a coat for the next 45 minutes outside. It was pretty funny. These two played great together, and never fought. Thomas was in heaven with their grassy yard full of trucks, cars, and dirt. Thanks again Jessica and Braydan!
Overall a great trip! We're glad we got to spend four days away together. Usually Nolan heads off one place for business and I go to Boise to with my family. You may wonder, if a big city like Seattle has changed me? Naw...I like to think I changed Seattle a little for the better:-)
Overall a great trip! We're glad we got to spend four days away together. Usually Nolan heads off one place for business and I go to Boise to with my family. You may wonder, if a big city like Seattle has changed me? Naw...I like to think I changed Seattle a little for the better:-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
Nice posting and picture taking. Seattle is a very fun city...all the downtown you need and still mountains and water. Thomas looks really cute...haircut? Grace is such a pretty baby! I love picturing you as a tourist in a city that's only three hours from your house! You talk like you were in the Big Apple or somethin!
i LOVE pikes place! It's fun to watch them throw the fish. I really love that city. One of my favorites of the bigger ones. Looks like you had a fun time!
What cute pictures! I love that first one- what a cute family you are!!
Thank you so much for all the beautiful pictures! I can't wait for the next time we get to see Thomas and Grace in person. Of course I want to see you and Nolan too:) Love, Sarah
I love Seattle. Hopefully I'll get to make an appearance on your blog and come visit you in Washington. :) Pikes place is awesome...I love the carousel (makes me think so much of my childhood -- I think we rode one everywhere vacation we took). Love family vacations...esp. when work is paying for the travel!
Cute family pic! Sounds like the public transportation was exciting and eventful. Better than having to navigate yourself even with the wreck. Glad you guys were able to enjoy your time there with some sightseeing together.
Cute Pictures! Grace looks like she's growing up so much. So fun to go somewhere with Nolan. I'm so glad you got to. Thomas is so cute. Brandon is wondering how they throw the fish, or what that means? Maybe we'll have to head to Seattle to find out :)
You are so funny!!! What a great trip--way to brave the big city, but not let it go to your head :) I laughed so many times, this post really made me happy. I got your card in the mail, and that also made me so happy!! I miss you, friend!
Looks like fun! Pikes Place is awesome. Glad you got to go.
Really cute pics! I love the family one! Seattle is such a fun place...Jen and Kevin lived there for a few years and we always had fun visiting the big city. So glad you could spend time with Nolan after he was done working...FUN!
Glad you had fun! We have a lot of white trash moments over here, glad to see we are not the only ones!
Yep, I think you might've changed Seattle for the better :) Especially with all your white-trashness, ha,ha. Glad you guys had fun and stopped by. COME AGAIN SOON!!!
Your trip looked like so much fun! I'm so happy to see your pictures and see how cute those kids always are and see what fun you're having!
Ashley, you crack me up. I love your personality and humor. I need to be around you more often. Looks like a fun, fun trip. oh, and this is holly, not kent :)
have a happy easter!
I love all of Thomas's faces! haha, but that carosel (really not sure on spelling) picture was really cute.
I'm a little SAD your leaving for 2 months! We really need to hang out more when your in Walla Walla. Cade LOVED playing with Thomas when we got to the car to leave he was pointing to your house and saying "no go!, no go!" wow I have never heard that before! I MUST REALLY LIKE THOMAS :0D Seattle looked fun, I love the fish throwing it's my favorite part of Seattle!
wow you guys are so busy with everything! i like your family picture, you are the traveling family! holy cow! the girls pict is cute too, i hope they stay close like we did :)
Post a Comment