This is where we will be spending 4 weeks out of the next couple months. Nolan actually works at the top of the dam. He has a dam job. He writes on dam paper. He drinks dam water. Okay enough of that. Right now he is writing a huge paper on possible four wheeling trails around it. There are a lot of codes he has to abide by and a lot of research he goes through. He enjoys it more than his desk job, but still isn't his dream.
We've completed the first 2 weeks this Friday and Monday Nolan is off to Vegas and the kiddos and I will go to Boise. I'm so glad we were able to get 2 bedrooms while we were here,
it is actually almost the same size as our apartment, but newer carpet and tile. 
And now for my pro/con list of traveling...
Pros:
Housekeeping
New place to explore
More cable channels/free high speed Internet
The kids enjoy new places (elevator, hot tub)
Yummy breakfast every morning
Racking up hotel points
Cons:
Living out of a suitcase
Only having one car
Packing up is no fun, and so much stuff.
Living out of a suitcase
Only having one car
Packing up is no fun, and so much stuff.
Tons of laundry, and mail buildup at home
Seems we always lose or forget something
Lack of toys makes Thomas want to get out.
Okay well that's it for now. Thanks for all your encouragement, we're doing well and having fun.
18 comments:
Wow! That actually sounds pretty fun to go explore a new place and to eat out so much! You must have taken the pictures of your room before you moved in. Everything is spot less! I'm glad you get to go to Boise for a few days. Give Thomas something to look forward too. Fun life! Enjoy it!
Yeah for high speed love the elevator!
Yeah, I have never heard of that place but it sounds nice. And good for you for finding things to do with the kids. Trips to the library and park are always a must especially if you don't have a lot of toys around to keep the little ones busy. Can't wait to see the hiking pics.
LOL about the dam thing...ha ha. You guys are traveling for Nolan's work? Why doesn't he have to stay at his desk job? It sounds like you guys are having fun, anyway. That's good Thomas likes the elevator. That thing would creep me out. Those are the kind that are always on scary movies. I'd probably use the stairs, even with my mammoth belly.
Thanks so much for the update. Forgive me for being your nosey sister in law but I have been wondering where you are! It sounds like a nice place and I'm glad you get to be with Nolan instead of at home without him. I'm also glad you're fitting in another trip to Boise. The library and park are what I do for fun when I'm at home too! I wish we were closer so we could see you guys. Grace is growing up so fast!
Love, Sarah
Thanks for the updates. Gotta love when remodeling includes a baaad choice of tile color. Oh, and the correct spelling is Orofino...I looked it up. Now go ahead and change your title and make me look all crazy.
You can't beat a house keeper! I'm glad you get to travel with Nolan when he's not home, that's gotta be fun. Have a good time in Boise.
I'm impressed at what awesome travelers you are! It's a big project for us just to pack up all of Beck's things to go visit family for a weekend. It sounds like you are having fun and I can't wait for the hike pictures...I'm sure it's beautiful!
Wow -we left for two days and I was up past my head in luggage etc. Look at you go! I am so impressed and it sounds like you guys are having fun touring everything and finding all the new and exciting things to do. Looks like a beautiful area -glad you doing well!
Holy smokes! So where is Orifino, ID? Looks pretty and Nolan's job sounds exciting. That elevator is crazy. What a fun, crazy, not so fun at times, wild adventure. Amen to the pros and cons. Keep up the good work!
Geez. Pretty neat Ash...you're a serious traveler! That place looks awesome.
It looks like a pretty place! It was so good to chat with you the other day! I hope Thomas was o.k.~ enjoy your summer travels!
Thanks for the update cuz. NOw I can picture where you are and stuff. I love the housekeeping and breakfast plan. Can I get on that? Glad you can get away to Boise soon. Love ya.
Sweet elevator. It's hard living out of a suitcase but it sounds like you are keeping busy!
I could really use the housekeeping, that would be nice! Glad their is lots for you guys to do, the park and library are always my boys favorites!
It will be interesting to read all the places you end up and the jobs Nolan has. thanks for the updates.
Wow...Orafino...I once met a boy at a state basketball game from there. He was cute. HAHAHA! Looks beautiful, but I don't know if I'd like living in a hotel for a month. Love the hiking pics. That is one of the things we miss most about the west.
What an adventure you are on!! I'm sure you guys are making great memories.
Post a Comment