You can like crazy! So I have a good friend here named Camille, and she is an expert baker. I can't even come close to competing with her great cooking skills, but she is nice enough to take me under her wing and teach me things I have always wanted to do but never known where to start. This weekend we had 100 pounds of apples that we got for $30 at a local farm. They are so yummy, and Grace and Thomas go through applesauce like nobodies business so I thought it would be great to make some. I wish I would have gotten some pictures while we were doing it, but there was a lot of mess, and always something needing to be done. Nolan and Camille's husband helped us big time. It took about 12 hours, but we were able to play games, eat, and watch a movie while we waited for them to go in the water bath. We left a few apples out and she taught me how to do pie crusts, and make a fresh apple pie.
It was so yummy! So this was our end result: (please excuse the pajama bottoms:-)
30 cans of applesauce, 14 quarts of apple pie filling, an apple pie, and 2 big Ziploc bags of dried apples. I never want to see an apple again for awhile!
It was so yummy! So this was our end result: (please excuse the pajama bottoms:-)
18 comments:
WOW ASHLEY! I'm so proud of you. I can't believe how cute you both still look after all that work! Great job!!
WOW, apples galore!! Look at you, you little domestic diva!! Way to go! AND, your hair looks cute! And lastly, look at those buff biceps holding that pie!
WOW Looks like you girls need to make a trip out to my house and help me be domestic!
Oh Camille is so cute! I know that is not what this post is about, but it is about time I see a picture of her!!! Good job on the yumminess! I could almost smell the apple pie through the computadora.
First things first.....have you been working out lately? Awesome biceps. haha really though. How nice to have all that stuff and learn how to do it. I need someone to teach me how to make a pie and other things like that. Good job and thanks for the Christmas idea list!
I'm so impressed! You are so domestic and 30 bucks for that many apples! WOW! Nice work!
W-O-W. Imagine me signing that. haha. That's pretty crazy. you're gonna be enjoying apple products for a while. haha. Melissa and I now have an intense desire to dehydrate apples..too bad we don't have a dehydrator.
Okay, look at your arms holding that pie! Have you been working out? Dang girl! I guess holding two kids does that sometimes :) Good job on the canning! I'm gonna do apples this week too. Want to come help me?
That is very impressive! Enjoy the fruits of your labor!
I can't believe you did that all in a day! I have been making stuff with our apples from our trees and am no where close to doing what you have done! I've been doing a little at a time for weeks and still have tons of apples! When I'm done I'm over apples for a while too!
Very impressive! I thought the same thing about your biceps. What's your secret?
Wow -what more do I say?!?! That is amazing. It looks delicious!
That is some serious canning. I've never canned applesauce but it seems like such a great idea. That pie looked delicous too! Way to go.
Yummy!!! I'm gonna make a bunch of applesauce this fall, too- can't wait!
Go Ashley! Maybe you should have titled this one "My awesome biceps." They've generated more comments then the apples, but I thought the same thing! Hope you're doing well.
WOW! you are very talented! i admire you miss ashley! that pie has definitely put mine to shame! ha!
Super impressive and inspiring!
YOU are AMAZING!! You have a very lucky family. I want to live in Washington.
Post a Comment