We are home now, and all is well. Nolans trip went okay, he had a lot of travel delays, but safely made it to and from Mississippi. We had a really good time in Boise with my family. I can't emphasize enough how much I love spending time with them, the days go by quickly and we can always find comedy and fun together.
My sister was nice enough to take me on a date to see TWILIGHT, I know I am so behind in the times. We got a lot of notice with our I Love Edward/Jacob shirts. I hope you know me well enough to know what team I fight for. It was good, of course whenever a book is made into a movie I have my "problems" with it, but made for a really fun night.
I also got my hair cut. Just 2 or 3 inches, but it was such a nice experience. I had my hands dipped in para fin wax the whole time, then she gave me the best head massage in my life, and it is always relaxing to have someone comb through and pamper your hair. A little embarrassing to have her deal with the handfuls of falling out hair, but she was still nice.
Thomas started crawling out of his pack n' play while there, so we decided once we got home it was time for the "BIG BED" we've tried this once before and it was not so successful, but I guess it is all up to timing because so far Thomas has napped and slept in this bed very well for 3 nights.
No crying, getting out, or waking up at night. I really shouldn't write about it for fear of jinxing myself, but I am so glad that one thing with sleep and Thomas is a SUCCESS!!
We also did a little sleep training with Grace while in Boise, and it has been going well. It did lead to the binki strike, but I'm okay with that.
Now here is her favorite thing to do with Dad...
It requires complete trust between the two of them and myself actually,
But makes her squeel in delight.
My sister lent me this book, and I finished this book a while ago, it's an LDS author, and I really liked it. I'm now reading another one by the same author that takes place at the same time and place, but with different characters. So far so good.
My sister lent me this book, and I finished this book a while ago, it's an LDS author, and I really liked it. I'm now reading another one by the same author that takes place at the same time and place, but with different characters. So far so good.
27 comments:
Oh how I miss our serious chats while You kick my bootie at Mario Kart. I am glad you are coming back! and soon!!
I didn't know Gracie's eyes were blue. So fun to have one of each! Nolan and Darin are so the same. He still holds Tyler in his hands while he's standing and Tyler is almost 10 months. The babies love it and Darin hasn't dropped any of them yet, it does make me nervous though! I am SOO glad that Thomas is doing good in his big bed. I hope it continues to go well. I can't believe he is sleeping through the night now too. That is wonderful! Pretty soon you will be sleeping through the night and wondering how you ever did it getting up all the time!
-Tell Nolan Brandon hasn't broke any glasses for a long time, we just felt it was time for the contacts, he's growing up!
Fun post! Grace is growing up!
Thanks so much for your comment on my blog - it made me feel much better and I'm seriously going out to buy that book this afternoon! Your family is super cute, I love the picture of Grace standing up on Nolan's hand! Thanks again.
Grace is so pretty. She looks like a doll in Nolan's hand. That is the sweetest picture. I'm so glad Thomas is liking his big boy bed. What a relief. Sleep is so great.
Isn't it great when they actually sleep! Is Gracie wearing baby legwarmers? She is so cute!
I read that book too and thought it was a good one. I'm glad the bed was a success. Each milestone is calls for a celebration! I only have 6 more weeks of nursing Cavin :)
WAHOO!!! I'm glad Thomas is doing well and Grace also. I need to talk to you so you can convince me to do that with Taylor. I'm glad you can go to Boise. I still haven't seen Twilight, hopefully soon. Grace is changing a lot from the pictures. I love that she has blue eyes. Her dress and socks are so cute. I hope things continue to go well. Thomas's bedding is fun; I'm sure that helps!
Those pictures of Grace and Nolan freak me out! I can't believe she can stand on his hand like that. Go Gracie! I see a future cheerleader in the making :) That's awesome about Thomas and his bed! Could it have to do with his cool Cars bedding???? I hope it sticks cause you deserve sleep!
I have never seen that before--little Grace in Nolan's hands--that is so cute. Also--congrats with Thomas! It was fun to see you for one second ;)
I already miss you all! thomas' bed looks super cute, of course he wants to sleep in it. He probably spends 10 minutes pointing to all the lightning mcqueens on the sheets, am I right? haha. I am so happy I got to take you to Twilight, you don't even know. I decided that can be your birthday presents, so RaeAnn's not bum-hurt about not getting to go. haha
That little move with Nolan and Grace is so funny-brings back memories...John use to do that with Emrey ALL the time!! She was pretty good at it! He has tried it with Ella...not so good!!
Oh, BTW, darling leg warmers. Where did you pick those up at??!!!
Oh, I am so glad Thomas is letting you sleep. I can imagine he is also more charming in the morning, getting a good nights sleep. Love Grace's eyes, so cute! She has got some good balance.
I haven't seen Twilight yet so you're lucky! I might get to go this weekend. Yay for Thomas sleeping in his big bed! I hope he keeps it up. Those pictures of Grace, Oh My goodness, it scared me to look at them, thats so crazy she keeps her balance like that! Her big blue eyes just light up her face, she looks so happy.
Glad you got to have fun with your sisters too. Grace looks like a little doll!
the head massage sounds good too, the last one was me too
Grace has such beautiful eyes! They are huge! Visiting family is always the best! My hair is falling out in handful too! Why does nursing do that? I love that you and your sisters wore your shirts to Twilight!
grace has beautiful blue eyes! thomas is quite the character! i sure hope i get to see you in MAY!
xo.
Once again...you are so lucky to be close to family! Grace is such a cutie. I am glad sleep is going well for both of them. I love the baby legs on Grace -- fun!
I'm glad you had a great time. isn't getting a hair cut, even a trim, so great?!
I'm glad you got to see twilight, it is fun movie, although it was too bad it was so low budget, because they botched several things.
You are a trusting woman to let Nolan play with Grace like that. I never had the heart to let anyone do that to Jacob, plus he'd never hold his legs stiff anyway. But she looks so adorable in that cute dress!
Sounds like another fun trip to Boise. Grace does look so grown up and pretty. Nolan and her make quite the team. That's a cute picture and to imagine her squealing in delight makes it even cuter. Go Thomas! Hope you're all still getting some good sleep!
That is cool trick Nolan and Grace have going. I don't think we've ever tried that with our babies. Probably couldn't have pulled it off. I loved all your posts and am going to have to find out more about that Old Navy sale. Way to go. I think Grace probably would have had more clothes despite the need, girls are just way more fun and easy to shop for!
That picture of Gracie is gorgeous she is such a cute baby. I am glad that Thomas is sleeping in a big bed and that Nolan is back home. I am really hoping that time doesn't see this because like you I am not sure my nerves would handle this -luck for me Tim is pretty busy lately. Glad all is going well -love the twilight shirts in the previous post.
I always feel like adding my pitly comment to the thousands already up here is just a little sad, but that crazy trick, well I'm just not sure it's okay. It makes me nervous to watch.
you are so lucky to be able to spend time with your family! grace does have beautiful blue eyes! we need to start thinking about getting lucy a big girl bed. way to go thomas!
I feel silly being #25 in the comment lane, but anyway. Miss you so much. I LOVE SISTERS!!!
so it's probablly a good thing i missed your post about old navy . . i probably would have gone out and spent our life savings - which consists of $24.32!! ya i was fully jealous you won that cute bow holder . . but lucky for you it totally plays to your favor with nolan seeing you blog - thats why i gotta win me something! sisters are so fun to hang with andits especially nice you and the kids can zip on home whenever nolan is outta town!
I love Grace's dress! So cute! I'm glad you have somewhere to go when Nolan is gone.
Post a Comment